Cherry Goes Global


Friday, October 21, 2005

Bad Karma

Bonjour! And once again, what a delight to have you reading this, my heart, my soul, my memoirs.

Well, as the fans on my email list are aware, I am heading back to the land Down Under where people smile and give you a vegemite sandwich (or something along those lines if you refer to that song). I must admit I'm a little excited, yet apprehensive about returning to the mother ship. Only because with all the f*ck ups happening of late, I'll probably get stuck there and have to spend the rest of my life there. Well, like I said in the email, that's if the plane doesn't fall out of the sky on the way there.

Allow me to enlighten you as to the steady stream of what I like to refer to as 'bad karma' (I seriously think that psychotic Danish b*tch is behind all of this) that has happened since arriving in France:

*Arriving sans luggage, straight up it set the benchmark peeps.
*A lost parcel of mine, which to this day remains lost. Never mind the fact that it was sent over 3 weeks ago. Thanks La Poste! Mystery: UNSOLVED.
*Funds transfer to my account REJECTED! La Poste strikes again! They handle these matters too, much to my dismay.
*Take two funds transfer, this time with Wench as the beneficiary. It should take a mere 48hrs for the funds to be delivered. La Poste strikes again! No joy and Wench has left the country for a few days therefore the funds will be sent back again.
*The obvious, application for the Italian visa. I love the fact that applying for this visa is not going to cost me just the $85 to lodge the application. I love that it's going to cost me a return trip to Australia for the very low price of 1300euros!! Why not? I have the money to burn!!
*Trying to book the abovementioned flights home took approximately three hours, one 20 minute call to Austria and two phone calls to Australia. The flight, I hope, is now booked, but they took two lots of money from me and used up all of the available funds on the card.

These may not seem like huge issues to the naked eye, but when they drag on for weeks, that's when I start to lose my cool. Especially when I don't speak the language to be able to tell La Poste how much they are driving me mental. Every time I see a yellow La Poste car I want to kick it, but then stop and dream of it delivering my parcel........

Depsite these time consuming matters, I'm still having a WOW of a time! Not doing anything spectacular just things like rescuing mice from killer cats and picking raspberries from the garden with Pumpkin. Actually, the Great Mouse Rescue was in conjunction with Pumpkin too. Since it was her cat I felt it only fair that I 'direct' the said Rescue from the piano stool and shoo the cats away. She was really the one that did the dirty work. We used the usual apparatus that one requires when rescuing mice. Gumboots and t-shirts. The t-shirt was so the mouse could not escape the compound and the gumboots were for it to run into when shoo'd by Pumpkin. The gumboot thing worked a treat and the mouse was rescued in no time!

Tonight we are off to a food festival! Yum! Bring it on!

Over & out from the Princess of Realness.......
xxxxxxx

Posted by Cherry! :: 10:10 am :: 0 fans want a piece of The Cherry!

You want a piece too???

---------------------------------------